This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Introduction to Computer Science
Intermediate Programming with Elementary Data Structures
Formal Language Theory and Automata
Operating Systems Principles
Operating Systems: A Unix Case Study
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Parallel Computing Issues: Algorithms and Architectures
* Currently serving as the UAMS Department of Biomedical Informatics Liaison to Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), fostering collaborations between the two institutions in translational medical research, particularly in the areas of cancer and human microbiomes.
* Served as Leader of the ORNL Computational Biomolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics Group, a research group focusing on computational genomics on a massive scale.
* Served as Head of the ORNL Mathematical Sciences Section, an organization of 35 professionals conducting research in mathematics, statistics, and computer science.
* Co-founded and directed the ORNL-UTK Joint Institute for Computational Science (JICS), an organization dedicated to increasing expertise in parallel and distributed computing and to facilitating access to high-performance computing resources.
* Developed a program, now the ORNL Research Alliance in Mathematics and Science (RAMS), to support high-performance computing research and educational activities with minority institutions, particularly historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the Southeastern United States.
* Served as Chair of the Intel Supercomputer Users Group (ISUG), one of the most active and influential user forums in high-performance computing in the 1990s and 2000s.
* Directed Ph.D. and M.S. student dissertation and thesis work while a faculty member at Vanderbilt University and at the University of Tennessee.
* Consulted with the NIH Centers for Disease Control in the area of syndromic surveillance, implementing and analyzing algorithms to detect and to determine the significance of clusters of cases in space-time.